PRIZER LAGOON ROPES COURSE RULES
- The ropes course is a very safe place when all safety procedures are followed, but there is the possibility of serious injury if they are not. For this reason the facilitator has the final say on safety. The foremost responsibility of the facilitator is safety. If the facilitator feels the event is unsafe for any reason, or if the group is acting in a dangerous manner, the event will be stopped.
The Safety Guidelines Are:
- No more than one person on an obstacle at a time.
- No more than three people on a platform at any given time.
- No jumping off events or running around near or around rope/zip line course area.
- No one is to attempt or even touch an event until after the instructor has given the safety considerations, objectives, and parameters of the event and invited the group to proceed.
- Close-toed, low heel shoes must be worn at all times, i.e. tennis shoes.
- Hair long enough to be pulled back must be pulled back and tied.
- Jewelry of any type including watches and non-prescription sunglasses must not be worn and should not even be brought to the ropes course.
- Be careful of glasses and contact lenses when participating in events.
- No gum, candy or other food items are allowed on the course.
- No knives or other sharp objects are allowed on the course.
- No smoking, alcoholic beverages, drugs, radios, fireworks, or firearms are allowed in the ropes course area.
- No one can do high courses that cannot properly fit in a harness.
- People with medical issues that could be aggravated by events may not do those events; this includes allergies, asthma, etc.
- No pregnant woman are permitted to perform on the course.
- An accident report form must be completed for any injury. This does not include minor cuts, bruises, or abrasions that are inherent to the activity. An incident report form must be completed for any incident where safety was compromised, whether injury occurred or not. These forms must be given to the ropes course manager to be properly logged.
- Must be at least 50 INCHES TALL FOR THE ROPE AND 52 INCHES TALL FOR THE ZIP and weight less than 240lbs.